1) The 2022 -23 Annual Meeting and Elections was held on Sunday, September 11, 2022. Listed below are the new (2022 - 2023) Officers and Board Members.
Gail Schroeder-Hoffman - General Manager
Judy Rhodee - Assistant Manager
Jill Gust - Secretary
Sandy Heimer - Treasurer
Chris Bastin - Trustee
Sarah Downes - Trustee
Don Gust - Trustee and Board President
Ginny Ziegler - Trustee
Al Wilson - Trustee
Terry Treuden - Trustee
2) The Band attended and competed in the National American Legion Band Concert contest at their annual convention. The convention city this summer was held in Milwaukee. We are happy to announce that our band finished in 3rd place. We played three lively selections: Theme and Tirade (by Richard L. Saucedo), The Purple Carnival March (by Harry L. Alford), and Victory (by Rossano Galante).
3) Visit the Legion Band's Facebook page: facebook.com/OconALB/
4) The Legion Band achieved Non Profit status under IRS code 501(c)(3) effective June 12, 2014. This allows the Band to accept donations and monetary contributions to ensure the long term health of the organization. We are the proud recipients of grants from the Oconomowoc Area Foundation, the Friends of Nashotah, the Majorie A. Day Foundation and the Emil Ewald Family Foundations. If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to the band for sustaining support please contact us.
5) Get Back to Band Program - The Legion Band offers free lessons to adults wishing to improve their skills with the goal of joining a musical group. The program will supply lesson music with individual instruction by professional music educators. Minor instrument repairs will be made at no cost and loaner instruments will be available on request. Lessons can be arranged by contacting Gail Schroeder-Hoffman at email@example.com or 920/650-5944.
6) The Legion Band has launched an instrument donation program that can qualify as a tax deductible charitable contribution. If you have a band instrument that is no longer being used that you would like to donate, please contact the band. Instruments collected will be provided to underprivileged musicians who cannot afford to purchase one.