1) The 2023 -24 Annual Meeting and Elections was held on Sunday, September 10, 2023. Listed below are the new (2023 - 2024) Officers and Board Members.
Gail Schroeder-Hoffman - General Manager
Judy Rhodee - Assistant Manager
Jill Gust - Secretary
Sandy Heimer - Treasurer
Chris Bastin - Trustee
Sarah Downes - Trustee
Don Gust - Trustee and Board President
Eric Bahner - Trustee
Tessa Olderman - Trustee
Clare Fitzgerald - Trustee
2) Visit the Legion Band's Facebook page: facebook.com/OconALB/
3) The Legion Band achieved Non Profit status under IRS code 501(c)(3) effective June 12, 2014. This allows the Band to accept donations and monetary contributions to ensure the long term health of the organization. We are the proud recipients of grants from the Oconomowoc Area Foundation, the Friends of Nashotah, the Majorie A. Day Foundation and the Emil Ewald Family Foundations. If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to the band for sustaining support please contact us.
4) Beginning with our concert on June 21, 2023 the Legion Band welcomed a new group of sponsors for our Wednesday evening concerts. We wish to thank all of our new sponsors for their generosity:
Curt Downes Real Estate
Snyder and Ek, S.C.
Bank Five Nine
If you or your business have a desire to join this esteemed group, please contact us using the red contact button below and we'll provide all the details you need.
5) Get Back to Band Program - The Legion Band offers free lessons to adults wishing to improve their skills with the goal of joining a musical group. The program will supply lesson music with individual instruction by professional music educators. Minor instrument repairs will be made at no cost and loaner instruments will be available on request. Lessons can be arranged by contacting Gail Schroeder-Hoffman at email@example.com or 920/650-5944.
6) The Legion Band has launched an instrument donation program that can qualify as a tax deductible charitable contribution. If you have a band instrument that is no longer being used that you would like to donate, please contact the band. Instruments collected will be provided to underprivileged musicians who cannot afford to purchase one.